Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Reading-Grab your Beach Chair

"You get a little moody sometimes but I think that's because you like to read. People that like to read are always a little fucked up." — Pat Conroy (The Prince of Tides)

I love reading . Besides TV such as 24 (Jack Bauer 4-ever) and Mad Men, it is the best form of escapism. Remember the scene in The Neverending Story where Bastian is curled up in a blanket in the school's attic? That is how I feel when I am reading a spectacular book....the book and myself are the only things that exist in the Universe (as long as the nothing doesn't suck it away).
Here are a few I recommend if you are looking for a great summer read:

Could not put this book down. Afterwards I grilled my Dad to see if this is how it really was. IT WAS.

Everyone I knew read this and said it was great. What can be so great about a Circus? EVERYTHING. It didn't hurt that I heard Reese Witherspoon and Edward Cullen would be in the movie.


Yes, silly and girly. But I loved it. The movie didn't do the book justice but Sandra Bullock and Ashley Judd were adorable.



Pat Conroy is an iconic Southern Writer. You can lose yourself in his words and his frighteningly accurate depictions of the South.

"The South's got a lot wrong with it. But it's permanent press and it doesn't wash out."




I can't wait to read these three books at the Beach. I've heard rave reviews!

Do you have any Summer Reading suggestions???

No comments:

Post a Comment