Monday, June 6, 2011

Preaching Reese


I watched 20 minutes of the MTV Movie Awards last night and it immediately reminded me that I am now 31 with a 10 week old and not 21 with 10" heels.

The highlight of this 20 minutes was Reese Witherspoon lecturing all these hussies and hoochies that plague our otherwise news appropriate shows..THAT'S YOU TODAY SHOW. Stop covering these sluts.

Reese says, "I get it girls, that its cool to be a bad girl. But it is possible to make it in Hollywood without doing a reality show. When I came up in this business, if you made a sex tape, you were embarrassed about it and you hid it under your bed. And if you took naked pictures of yourself on your cell phone, you hid your face people! Hide your face!" (That's you Blake Lively)

Then she adds "For all the girls out there, its totally possible to be a good girl, I'm going to try to make it cool."

It is people like Reese, Emma Watson, and Tina Fey that make me proud to be a woman. How about you all? Growing up I wasn't the popular girl. But I like to hope that I was known as the smart cool girl.

And Kristen Stewart as best actress? Not only are kids naked these days...they must be ignorant also!

5 comments:

  1. When I found out I had "missed" these last night, it reminded me that I,too, am now 31. Good for Reese. Preach it, sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo true! what did Blake Lively do, I must have missed this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up on watching the MTV awards awhile ago. It just makes me feel old. And Reese is so right I hope the kardashians were listening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved being seen as a "goody girl"--go Reese!

    ReplyDelete