Thursday, May 10, 2012

Campaigning....

Via Lonny

Via Honey & Fitz


Campaign furniture is all the rage right now. If you are lucky you can find one for a song and fortunately for me I did!

I have been on the hunt for a new dresser for ages. Mine is wonderful, an old mahogany piece from the Tobacco Barn in Asheville, but it just doesn't fit all of my clothes and the drawers don't slide in and out easily. I DREAD putting clothes away after doing laundry because there is just not enough room and the picture frames on top fall over when shutting the stubborn drawers.
I have been searching all over AVL and CLT for the perfect piece but every dresser I found seemed to be too small, too new looking, or way too expensive. I finally found a huge piece at Classic Attic but instead of the $325 I thought it was...it was $475..which was a little out of my budget.

I texted my dear friend Sarah at MOS that I was heartbroken and she replied that she saw a Drexel Campaign Dresser at Goodwill for $25..but that it probably wouldn't still be there. So what do you do at 7:30 when you have a 1 year old at home but desperately want to get to Goodwill? SEND HUSBAND!

It was a miracle it was still there! Someone had removed the price tag but it didn't have the "still shopping" tag so it was OURS!

Here is the before:

And here is the after: (Thank you M for sanding & painting!!!)




We still need to polish up that brass but we had company in town and I wanted to get her upstairs!


Thank you Sarah for being at the right place at the right time! I love this dresser. It fits EVERYTHING!

xoxo

4 comments: