Thursday, October 16, 2014

Birth Photography

My non-professional pictures of Ford's delivery. Still love them!

If you know me well you know that I have an obsession with pictures. Probably only my father and husband know how bad it is. I turn into no-wire-hangers to get that necessary shot. Sometimes the shot isn't perfect but at least I got it. I honestly wish I didn't care but pictures are so important to me. I just chalk it up to one of my OCD tendencies.

When Ford was born my Dad was there to take photos in the delivery room. They obviously don't allow you to take pictures while you are pushing but he took plenty before, after, and in the next room to tell the story of the most amazing 48 hours of my life. I am so thankful for this because even though they aren't pictures I would blow up on a canvas, they serve as documentation of my first child being born.

Hopefully Dad will be there again this time and can work his magic again. While browsing Pinterest I came across a few story boards from birth photographers. I love how these photographers captured all the details of the day, from the clock on the wall to the interaction between Mom and Dad. You feel like you are in the room with these families and I dare you not to get a little misty eyed at the emotions that read perfectly through these images.

You better believe if it was within our budget I would hire someone to take these but since Dad used to be a pro I'll leave him with my camera and hope Max supplements with enough iPhone pics to tell a good story.

This is probably one of my most favorite birth photography stories ever. This is from Brittany G Photography in Utah. (It doesn't hurt that the mom is gorgeous and photogenic but what a series!!!)










These are from Patty K Photography in NC and FL

Via Sabrina Gebhardt Photography

And these are a few I found on Pinterest. I admit, I'm already obsessing over the picture of Ford and his new sister. Ridiculous? ABSOLUTELY. But it's just one of those things. I truly wish I didn't care but I do! 

 Via Simply Heaven Portraits

 And then this. This is one of the most beautiful hospital images I have ever seen.

xo,
K

2 comments:

  1. I love your pictures from Ford's birth! It's crazy but I have all the blurry ones still saved from Neland's - even though we have others that are great I can't delete even the blurry ones! The only thing is I don't think I could have a photographer other than Chris because I look like I was beat up after each delivery and I yell a lot when the epidural doesn't work (I always apologize but it isn't pretty either). I will say I love the pictures of Teague's birth a lot because the epidural didn't work and I look like it didn't work - which makes it all seem more real (because that moment never seems real when a baby is born - it's making me misty just thinking of it). I can't wait to hear of baby girl's arrival (and see the sibling picture - which will be perfect however it turns out)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about hiring a photog for delivery day. We're only planning on having one child, so we're pretty much going the "we can splurge" route on everything....might as well....right?!?

    ReplyDelete