Friday, June 19, 2015

Charleston


Today I want you to pray for the families of the Charleston Shooting victims.

I will start with Rev. Sharonda Singleton because I love what her son said about her. Via ABC News:

Her son Chris Singleton participated in vigils Thursday, reflecting on his mother's life.
“My Mom was a God-fearing woman, and she loved everybody with all her heart, and to the other families, I’m sorry about what happened,” Singleton said. “Obviously you guys are as devastated as we are, but I know for a fact that things will get better as time goes on.”
Chris Singleton, who plays baseball at Charleston Southern University, said he was thinking about his mother’s smile.
“I just say, ‘Love is always stronger than hate,’ so if we would just love the way my mom would, then hate won't be anywhere close to what love is,” he said.
The 9 victims of the horrendous hate crime at Emanuel AME Church:
Rev. Clementa Picnkey
Rev. Sharonda Coleman-Singleton
Myra Thompson
Tywanza Sanders
Ethel Lee Lance
Cynthia Hurd
Rev. Daniel L. Simmons Sr.
Susie Jackson
Depayne Middleton Doctor
I leave you with this from the Book of Common Prayer:
Grant, O God, that your holy and life-giving Spirit may so
move every human heart [and especially the hearts of the
people of this land], that barriers which divide us may
crumble, suspicions disappear, and hatreds cease; that our
divisions being healed, we may live in justice and peace;
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. This was moving. I have missed a lot of the news coverage, thank you for sharing. I have said prayers and will continue. I really love the prayer you shared.

    ReplyDelete