I should order a truck of Guatemalan Worry Dolls
Do you wish you could make yourself stop worrying? I worry all the time. About really stupid stuff. And I know that worrying is "like a rocking chair", it gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere. And I'm very aware that worrying about something doesn't make it better or go away..but I still do it. My usual remedy? Bourbon.....I worry much less when I have a bourbon.
So just to get it out on paper to make myself feel better here are a few of my current worries:
1. That work will not want me back after Maternity leave. (AKA Short Term Disability for 6 weeks)
2. That I won't be able to Breastfeed
3. That this adorable little Baby is going to outwit me
4. That this baby is going to have a birth defect
5. That we won't get the creaky floors upstairs fixed in time
6. That I have gained too much weight
7. About finding babysitters for the 6 weddings this year. (I'm soo excited for Weddings. Our 2010 = 0 Weddings) Oh yes..I timed being preggo right! Payback is hell honey!!!!
8. That M will be driving back from a visitation weekend and I will go into labor and have the baby before he gets home.
9. Worried if I picked the right child care.
10. Worried you all will find this post lame
Is this all ridiculous?? Yes! But just to put it in writing and vent about it is like a free shrink visit. Thanks Dr. Followers! And yes, I'm aware it only gets worse as a parent. But for right now tell me something else, like stop worrying and eat a cupcake. (Except I'll do it tomorrow after the glucose test)
PS-I did spell check and one of my "worrying" wanted to be "whoring". LOVE IT.