Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Christian & Anastasia


Maybe...but Jake is just too nice!

I confess..... I am reading 50 Shades of Grey. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and halfway through I can attest that it is quite the page turner.

That point aside I love to picture the characters while I read. Since the movie rights were just purchased I was curious who you guys would envision as our leading Red Room rompers. 

For Christian Grey we only get this description, "very attractive," tall, finely dressed character with "unruly dark-copper-colored hair and intense, bright gray eyes". Well hair can be dyed and I'm not hip on who the hot young actors are but here are a few from my wishlist.


 I know nobody agrees with me on Jonathan Rhys Myers...but he is so hot, and eccentric hot, so he would be a good choice in my opinion even though he hasn't had a hit movie since Mission Impossible? Jonathan also seems mysterious. Poor kid keeps getting in trouble for getting hammered. Dark and twisty.



Then there is Henry Cavill who was also on the Tudors. Hair fits, what do you think? Look at that bone structure. Rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.



And speaking of our HBO & Showtime shows, how about our friend Jon Snow (Kit Harrington) from Game of Thrones?

Or his beautiful half-brother Robb Stark (Richard Madden)?

HELLOOOOO Robb.


I would pay $30 for a movie ticket if Christian was Ryan Reynolds but I just can't imagine him in that role.....he's too silly. He will always be Van Wilder.



You know you've thought about it. The one, the only....Ryan Gosling.


On to Miss Anastasia....I saw this on Pinterest and almost fell out of my chair. I had the same exact first impression from the character's description that this is the route Hollywood would go. Is she even a good actress? One thing that is in alignment with Miss Steele, she sure does bite the hell out of her lip ALL THE TIME. She honestly fits the character to a tee but I would really rather see someone (ANYONE) else.

Maybe there is a reason we all are on the alert for Kristen...from Wikipedia "The Fifty Shades trilogy was developed from a Twilight fan fiction originally titled Master of the Universe and published episodically on fan-fiction websites under the pen name "Snowqueens Icedragon". The piece featured characters named after Stephenie Meyer's characters in TwilightEdward Cullen and Bella Swan"

GREAT. We already had those movies, moving on.

Yes, more Game of Thrones...but Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner) is pretty gorgeous also.

You know I have a thing for Kate Mara

Kate Beckinsale is one of my top girl crushes...but I think she is a little too mature for this role and we have seen her in plenty of leather from Underworld.


Who watches Modern Family? Is Sarah Hyland too young? I mean Anastasia is supposed to be 22 and that happens to be Sarah's exact age.

Who do you ladies picture as these characters? If they cast Blake Lively as Kate I will vomit. Girl is gorgeous but can't act worth shit. And if you think I'm being tough on her I have room to talk. I modeled for Sky City print ads in the 80's.

xoxoxoxo



4 comments:

  1. Shut the door. I LOVE jonathan rhys meyers. He is smoking hot. That accent and those eyes and his voice. I seriously could picture this. I fell in love with him in August Rush. Yes, I've admitted this out loud. I'm obsessed with that movie. I actually have a JRM channel on pandora. I kid you not my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think you nailed it. Johnathan fits perfectly for this role, I am only not even halfway through the book and frankly Christian gives me the creeps. Johnathan plays creepy, hot very well.I cannot share Robb Stark or John Snow they are all mine and much too good for this role :) Here's my list HIM: Alex Pettyfur, Matt Bomer, Colin Egglesfield, Alex Sskarsguard
    Her: I agree Kristen Stewart is perfect I just can't stand to watch her.I choose Michelle Trachtenburg, Alexis Bledel, Amanda Seyfried

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished the first book and wow is all I can say!!! I totally think Jonathan Rhys Meyers should play Christian. Honestly, that's who I see when reading, maybe b/c I was a little obsessed with the Tudors :) I would love to see Kata Mara play Anastasia!!!

    ReplyDelete