Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Smocked Resale Secrets



 I promised to spill the details of good deals for kids clothes so here you go! (You can thank me later...or as in the case of my friend Abby, her husband hates me)

I have been an ebayer forever. Sometimes I go on benders and buy several things and sometimes I don't login for months. I have bought Vineyard Vines ties, smocked outfits, books, fabric...you name it! I'm not that good at winning though so I have to get M to remember to bid for me.

Craigslist is hit or miss. For F we bought his crib (yes, don't judge!), glider, Pottery Barn laundry basket, and cute PB number hooks all from CL. We sold all of our Panthers tickets through there last year and also sold some of our old furniture. My biggest score was a PB coffee table for $39!! It is still in the catalog for $299.

The above two sources are obviously not news to anyone, but have you heard about the facebook sites? I created an alias login on FB so all my friends wouldn't see me being thrifty. I already have 300 other friends that sell their clothes, kids clothes, jewelry..you name it!

I have made a deal with M that F will only wear smocked clothes until he is 2 (except for major holidays) so I only have about 6 months left to dress him up. But at $50 an outfit it gets really expensive!! I stumbled across the kids pages through a mom on Re-lilly and they are stocked with amazing deals! As far as kids clothes go the top sites are Smocking Hot Mamas, Trunk Show and Boutique Addicts, The Smocked Swap and Pink Piggy Consignment. Here are a few examples:
$22 shipped Bebe by Vive la Fete NWT! 12M and 18M....a STEAL!

Claire and Charlie 4T $30 shipped, how cute is this dress!

18M (Which I'm assuming lasts awhile or is my son short?) Kids sizing drives me to drink. NWT Silly Goose longall $27 shipped. I want this one!

Claire and Charlie 24M Lobster Dress, $24 shipped. So stinking cute!!

Anavini Puppy Jon Jon, $25 shipped.

Please tell me this comes in a Longall!!!!! WHO DAT BABY!!!

Royal Child 18M $20 shipped, that is a bargain! I had this in 6M for F and paid double that!

And please don't forget about my Trunk Show this Thursday! You don't have to buy, just come drink wine! Last year only 4 sweet and dear friends showed up and the sales rep thought I was a loser! Thank goodness some of you emailed me orders so it wasn't a bust!!! So at least come drink wine or email me an order!

xoxoxox


1 comment:

  1. Love smocked stuff! Check out sweetbabytutu on facebook (yes, one word) and check out Orient Expressed bin sales... great prices for previous seasons! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete