Friday, June 21, 2013

Fresh Market Fanatic

Having a Fresh Market across the street is both wonderful and the devil. Wonderful because I can grab three items and have fabulous hors d'oeuvres without breaking a sweat and the devil because their dessert case is to die for. 

Here are my favorite things to snatch up at Fresh Market

Flowers. Harris Teeter's flower section is abysmal. A Dozen for $10 at FM? Yes please. I prefer to go to the Yorkmont Farmer's Market..but when the flower season doesn't agree with my party planning I run across the street to FM.

 Step 1 for great appetizers...buy these French Rounds.

Step 2: Buy this Pimiento Cheese. This was my fave until Palmetto Cheese came out. I love them both but *ALWAYS* buy the jalapeno version.

Step 3: Buy this Bruschetta. Its in a funky spot with prepackaged wraps and sandwiches. I LOVE LOVE this kind and spread on the toast rounds. Put all 3 on a tray and voila!

Need an awesome sandwich? The Turkey & Swiss Panini is delicious. Get it toasted and cut in half. 

 Love their Rotisserie Chicken Salad. Sam's has a pretty good one too. Fabulous on croissants or just by itself.

 My weakness. Haven't had these in ages. Dang beach diet.

I used to work for a software company across the street from FM. The guys I worked with would always buy these damn cookies and bring them into work. Soooo good. But they would always yell at me, stop taking little pieces, just take the damn cookie! I rationalized that if I ate 1/4 every hour I wasn't really eating a whole cookie. Girl Logic.

Are you a Fresh Market addict? I know it is expensive but definitely worth a treat!

xo

4 comments:

  1. Fresh Market looks wonderful! We do not have one.. but they have gorgeous flowers it looks like!

    happy weekend!

    xo
    wwww.simplylowcountry.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their bruschetta is soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that place too! Their flower selection is quite amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that place. They have a spicy angel hair pasta I just love.

    ReplyDelete