Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Little Girl's Clothes (AKA my 401K)


Amelie with her cousin Wilder wearing The Proper Peony

Two very dear grandmother friends asked me where I buy Amelie's clothes. The dirty truth is that I buy most of them from friends. I'm sure your city has a "Facebook Mom Page" where you post something like "Florence Eiseman jumper 2T $15" and someone comments, venmo or paypal's you and then they grab it off your porch. It's like drug dealing but way way  more satisfying. *I have never dealt drugs. I have been doing this for almost 3 years now. When Amelie was little I would load the kids up at 6am (my kids wake up early), give ford his iPad, Amelie a pacifier and drive all over this city doing my "porch pickups". I looked something like this:

I also shop off my friend's Instagram pages. I have become good friends with people I follow on Instagram who have kids exactly a year older (I'm looking at you Morgan) and now they sometimes just message me what they are getting ready to sell to let me have first dibs.

BST (Buy Sell Trade) boards on facebook are another favorite. BST boards and Instagram are Tinder for Moms that love clothing. I'm serious. If a Mom is posting clothes that line up size/season/taste for me I'm definitely swiping right. I literally have a group of girlfriends in Rock Hill that I met this way. Love you RH girls!

Social Media for kids shopping is AMAZING. Kids grow so fast and there are very few companies I will pay retail for. So my other favorite sources for kids clothes are these!

Hands down one of my favorites. I splurge on these once or twice a year and try to buy the rest off the "boards". This blue tulip dress will stay in Amelie's forever box and their holiday dresses are perfection.

I met Mollie when I offered to take pictures of her daughter's birthday party. Her brand is local to Charlotte! And I can never say no to a buffalo check.

Leda's beautiful clothes are exquisitely classic and perfect for dressing babies and kids. And somehow we are related! (isn't everyone from Louisiana cousins somehow?) Her Pima rompers are the perfect baby gift too!

Pixie Lily Holly Daygown


Little English
Another boutique favorite and this dress is a MUST have for this Fall. The shirt is attached!


And this...I mean stop it.

A jumper and bathing suit favorite in our house. I had to get the long sleeve style of this dress since Fuchs = Fox!


LaRoque Mini
One of a kind outfits from an adorable store in South Carolina!


I mean look at this dress for back to school!


Inlet Smocked Clothing Company
These ladies are out of Murrell's Inlet and  I'm kicking myself for not ordering this dress


Bella Bliss
Love their jumpers and they have a great boy selection as well. I think our little Swiss Amelie needs this outfit!


Instagram stores (for Florence Eiseman, Squiggles, Viva la Fete, etc)
One of the best ways to buy clothing is truly on Instagram. I know that sounds insane but I never go "shopping" anymore. Several stores even call each season to see if there is anything I need (which makes me feel insanely important). Carousel in Columbia is a favorite as well as MCall's, Shop Loozie Loo, Banbury Cross,  Spinout Kids, etc! Here are some of their Instagram pics:


And the little English Dress I fell in love with through McCall's IG


Instagram Brands: Cecil and Lou, Smockingbird




I never get to see my friend Abby so I always make sure I attend her S/G trunk show. Last year I purchased my favorite dress for Amelie, this Fox Dress. They have great pieces and aren't too expensive. When the kids were younger that have great brother/sister matches.


Play Clothes
Kids and school are tough on clothes. I don't send Amelie in anything that I love and Ford at this age only wears Under Armour. I don't know how they cornered the market for boys 5+ but his Adidas and Nike were just not good enough. I am very thankful I can find most of that used. A woman here in Charlotte even invited me over to dig through her bins and bins of UA. We are set for a few years. Companies I like for play clothes are

Hanna Andersson 
Beautiful bright play dresses and some of my favorite pajamas!


Dad, I think Amelie needs this. I mean....since you haven't taken me duck hunting yet.

Fauxden (Fake Boden on Amazon)


Old Navy/Gap/Target
Katie Quinn Organics Fox Dress at Target...why isn't this in a 3T!


If you are a local in Charlotte one of my favorite consignment stores is The Argyle Alligator. Casie Carpenter played on the Blondes vs Brunettes team to End Alz so I will support all of her business endeavors. Here are some items she has in the shop now!



 What are your favorite brands for little girls? Happy Shopping!
PS: Amelie is a 3T. Wink Wink

15 comments:

  1. great ideas for sources....I spend waaay to much on Boden!
    Love, Kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good round up! I frequent several of these but thanks for the tips on several new shops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog and yes kids clothes are a weakness. My littles have a better closet than mine. I own J. Wills (www.shopjwills.com) and would love to help you shop for anything in particular in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE when you post your clothing stores. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always you crack me up. We have that Proper peony dress too in a 5t. I've made Jane wear it weekly since we bought it. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this blog...oh, and so true! FB just didn't know what could possibly happen way back when...it's now the mama's delight....and so convenient. Thanks for putting a smile on my face this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this blog...oh, and so true! FB just didn't know what could possibly happen way back when...it's now the mama's delight....and so convenient. Thanks for putting a smile on my face this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun!! Thank you for mentioning Loozieloo!! XO, Lou Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks dear admin, I appreciate your effort, you have quality content on your website,
    I have bookmarked for future pursue. Keep it up Truly decent and intriguing post. I was searching for this type of information and delighted in perusing this one.
    Continue posting. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing
    Usually, I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man, Keep it up. very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog. wereviewed.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I merely would wish to supply a massive thumbs up with the excellent info you’ve got here with this post. We are coming back to your site to get more detailed soon. happyramadankareem

    ReplyDelete
  11. if you are looking thailand lottery today result you can check all the latest thailotteryresults.live and for tips you can check todaythailandlotterytips

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! I merely would wish to supply a massive thumbs up with the excellent info you’ve got here with this post. We are coming back to your site to get more detailed soon.
    https://www.ethicalhacker.net/members/techbeastpk/profile/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read !! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. https://sites.google.com/view/dubaifreelancevisa/home

    ReplyDelete