Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The Gardener's Cottage-Asheville, NC

Painting by Bee Sieburg

I get asked all the time what are my favorite spots in Asheville. I can say that without a doubt my favorite store in my hometown is the Gardener's Cottage in Biltmore Village. 
I am slightly biased because my mother used to work at this beautiful shop. I even registered here. The owner is a friend and it is my bright happy spot whenever I come in town for a visit. This store is a treasure box of gifts, flowers, plants and love. 

Libby and her sister Laura purchased the shop from owner Bee Sieburg and her daughter Molly Courcelle. You might recognize those two names; they are both exquisite artists and have a studio in the Wedge building. One of these days I am going to commission Bee to paint our Wedding location and commission Molly to paint the Blue Ridge Mountains.


Libby was like a second daughter to my Mom and this shop was catnip for her. My Mom loved arranging flowers, taking care of plants and had a slight addiction to candles and notecards that I have inherited.
My beautiful Mom in the shop many seasons ago.

Libby is graciously donating a portion of her proceeds on this Saturday September 16th to my Walk to End Alzheimer's. Please consider stopping by to pick something up! She has the best gifts, the most gorgeous maidenhair ferns and probably Asheville's biggest collection of stunning moss covered pots. 
Libby also creates the most unique and elegant flower arrangements and can design anything for any occasion!

Here is what Libby wrote about Mom:
Barbara Boylan is a very special person to me.  When my sister and I first took over The Gardener's Cottage in 2004, Barbara was one of the first to join our team and she quickly became like family.  She always had a way of making everything feel like home with her warmth, vibrant enthusiasm and her genuine way of connecting with people.  
All of you who know Barbara and any who even briefly met her at the shop know her ability to make you instantly feel welcome and special.  She worked with us for over 3 years and always showed up each day with a smile...(and usually some kind of baked good!)  Most notably, due to her New Orleans roots, she never forgot to bring in a king cake for Mardi Gras each year...a tradition I carry on to this day but is nowhere near the same! These are the little things that make me smile when I think of Barbara...not to mention her love for all things garden and flower related as well as her talent for making things beautiful. 






Here are some photos that don't even touch on how magical this place is!








828.277.2020
34 All Souls Crescent (right beside Starbucks at the Biltmore House entrance)
Monday through Saturday 10-5pm

Charlotte friends if you want to call in an order I can deliver for you! Please consider shopping this wonderful store this Saturday!

2 comments: