Thursday, December 7, 2017

Southern Bourbon Mountains Christmas Wishlist 2017

The best gift ever. Pictures of people we love. *already framed is key
(Scene from The Family Stone, a fantastic Christmas movie)
My number 1 gift? Old pictures of my Mother I have never seen. Or an email with a great story.

I have read dozens of gift guides and quite frankly they used to be my favorite types of blog posts. But after the explosion of the holidays what are you left with? Junk? Stuff? Another pair of silly earrings? (Mignonne Gavigan are serious earrings and do not fall into the silly category...hint) Here are a few things that are more of boring practical needs than wants that have been on my wish list. This is probably because I am approaching 40 and am trying to not be a hoarder of cocktail napkins and candles. (Both always welcome still while I have cabinet space)

I am -5 and -4 in my eyes and HATE my contacts. I have tried everything and they have me on dailies now and I feel like they are too flimsy...anyone else? I wear my glasses M-F and only put on contacts if I have plans. My current glasses are Tory Burch from my eye doctor and I think insurance covered part of them. The issue is they are BEAT UP. Toddlers, hair dye, zit cream...I have no idea what but they are losing their tortoise shell in places so I would love to have one or two new pairs since I wear them constantly. I visited our local store recently and (apologies for so many pictures of my giant forehead) and here were the ones I liked. My brother said I needed round so I didn't look like a secretary...thoughts?

 I have so many things to be framed. (And no wall space I might add) But I have been sitting on at least 7 favorite things for awhile and would love to take them in. Question, what is your opinion on frameless paintings? They have a store right up the street at the corner of Quail and Carmel and the NICEST and most helpful woman runs the place. And I'm an ass and can't remember her name. 

I own this in blue and it is the most comfortable sweater ever. I might just go ahead and order it today and apologize to our credit cards later. Thank you to Caycee for posting about this last year. It is my favorite!

Sams doesn't have my Fuggs (Faux Uggs) this year and I've had these for 5 years and it is time to get a new pair. I think Uggs are seriously hideous but so were my Merrells and I loved those. I work from home so I live in these things from November - March. I wish I didn't. I really wish I got up and showered and put on make up and did my hair but.......ain't nobody got time for that. I just cannot handle spending almost $200 on glorified slippers. So if anyone has seen them at Sams text me! (Also Reese's hair would be great too thanks)

I started following Lindsey on Snapchat and fell in love with her honesty and humor as she struggled with fertility. We have met several times and are still trying to get our boozy dinner date with Kate planned. She offers makeovers where she shows you how to use make-up. Because at 37 I still don't know how. She has to promise me no brushes though. I'm a fingers on the face girl because make up brushes......ain't nobody got time for that.

Family photo session
This is impossible to plan for us because my stepson is only with us certain times of the year. We got a great picture at the beach but I have lost a significant amount of weight since then and as a vain human being would love new pictures by a professional. We never do this....in fact I have done this twice in my years as a mother and if I could I would have pictures taken every season!

I will finally feel like an accomplished adult if Leontine, Biscuit or D.Porthault ever grace my mattress. Oh and Amelie needs too. I'm a King, she's a double. 

Let's do 6 bottles of Leese Fitch Cab, 3 of Waccamaw, 2 of Banshee and 1 of Willowlake. I would do the reverse but I'm being considerate to my gift givers. 

New Laptop
 I wish I had space for another desktop but my double monitors for work take up my only working place. I have finally started using LightRoom and all the old floating laptops around the house don't have the right encryption for that type of software. This is a huge present and I don't like my husband's tiny surface pro so it would need to be something significant. And I'm not a Mac girl, I prefer Dell/HP/etc. 
.
Because.....Alzheimer's. 

I would also love hardwood floors, monthly facials, a garage, a BMW X5 in Carolina blue, a stylist to get me out of my fashion rut....you know the basics.

Merry Christmas you filthy animals!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good Christmas list to me! I love the bottom middle glasses on you and the top right. I always wear my contacts but just ordered a pair of glasses yesterday so I can actually watch tv in bed and put them on when I'm home on the weekends. I haven't had glasses in about 5 years so it's going to be weird. I have real uggs that I love way too much, despite being so ugly since I have huge feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so my favorite glasses are the ones in the middle -- where you wrote "Nope!" Haha but seriously! Also, this is my kind of gift guide. Cheers to you and your family - hope you have some fun over the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LIVE for your wishlist posts! This one did not disappoint - Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete