Friday, September 17, 2010

Rue Magazine Review-Tear Outs

**I am not a professional blogger, decorator, or designer. I just love all things pretty and fashionable and like to blog because it makes me believe someone out there is listening and agrees!

I do love Lonny, really I do. But I was very excited to discover another online magazine was going to hit the interwebs. In my opinion** I think Rue is more geared towards those of us that are bloggers. The blogger side by side is one of my favorite features and all the little vignettes stacked up quite nicely. I didn't have the ooo and ahhhh over the photos as I do very infrequently at Lonny, but nevertheless I loved it.

Here are a few of my favorite pages AKA, I would have torn these out:

This is genius. I follow both of these lovely bloggers and to see a side by side comparison of their similarities and differences is perfect! (And makes me want to go get a manicure but its still freaking in the 90's here so no fall colors yet)

I love this Sofa. I missed the Gray period so there is none in my house. Marianne at Haven & Home loves gray and the pictures she posts are always so beautiful. I would love to redo my Kitchen/TV Room in grays, blues and all whites but when the $$ rolls in for that gray will be over!


Vicente Wolf and his gallery wall.
Jenny did a fantastic post about gallery walls and if they are out or still in. I have to admit, I love a gallery wall. I love taking pictures and have a fair amount of beautiful art prints I haven't gotten around into framing. My 1 year plan includes a gallery wall for our stairs, including images from where we grew up..and who we came from.


Kudos to Emily Henderson for wearing a Modcloth dress in her big spread in Rue. I love dvf, Milly, Tibi, Trina, and Tory just like everyone else but really....who has the $$ to make that their entire wardrobe? And if you do, cheers to you but promise you won't turn your nose up at Banana!!!


I want this stove for M. He is an amazing cook and is using an early 80's Jenn Air. Just imagine what he could do with this baby!!!! (And imagine how pretty it would be in my kitchen!!!)


So congratulations to Crystal Gentilello and Anne Sage. I think you have something wonderful on your hands!!! And I will leave you with two quotes from these ladies that I think speak to the blogger world!


"That friendships can be forged across continents by only a kind word, a warm gesture, and a shared lust for leopard print pillows."

"That what goes around comes around. So bake cookies for your neighbors, speak well of your competitors, and don't throw out your mother's platform shoes."


All Images from Rue

4 comments:

  1. great post, katharine! thanks for the rue roundup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you might just be my new favorite person. I love YOUR blog, also. I think we might be friends...already.

    have a badass weekend!

    p.s. I love you even more for the True Blood post below.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited about Rue-- it's for Bloggers BY Bloggers.

    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete