Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I Drank the Pure Barre Kool-Aid

And it is awesome*.

*Actually I HATE it. But as soon as its over I love it. I dread going to each class but I've never seen an improvement this fast in my problem areas. Proof-I went running yesterday and it was the first time my milkshake didn't bring any boys to the yard. Seriously, my ass didn't shake. Or at least not the earthquake proportions it used to. See for yourself..


I have to thank my friend AS for convincing me to do it. She bought a package and said she wouldn't go solo (I don't blame her, you need a buddy to start)....so I got one month unlimited at the Ballantyne location for $100. That first class kicked our butts. She is tiny tiny and can do more of the ab stuff than me but we were both exhausted. But a good exhausted.

Here is a little bit about Pure Barre..
Pure Barre is the fastest, most effective way to change the shape of your body. Using small isometric movements at the ballet barre set to motivating music, Pure Barre lifts your seat, tones your thighs, abs and arms and burns fat in record breaking time. Clients see results in just 10 classes, lose inches in weeks and have fun doing it!
Pure Barre was founded by dancer, choreographer and fitness guru, Carrie Rezabek Dorr. Carrie opened her first studio in the basement of an office building in Birmingham, MI in 2001. With no initial clients, staff, signage or even a bathroom, Carrie has grown Pure Barre in to the company it is today.

In my third trimester I developed diastasis recti....where your abs split. This typically happens after multiple pregnancies or if your torso is so freaking short your kid just torpedos out and splits your abs.Its super awesome....

I'm hoping these exercises help me get that area back under control. I have always had a flat stomach and I know I can't get it completely back but here's hoping!

Even though I probably have the least muscle definition in my classes the only thing that makes me feel left out is not being able to plank as long, can't hold my leg up straight while sitting at the bar, and my workout attire...I think I need a few of these pieces.





Or I could just get some of these.....and spend the saved $$ on another month of Pure Barre....




 Wanna join us? The music is seriously great! Maybe I'll grow some balls and post after pictures. HA!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I would totes drink the koolaid if there was one anywhere near me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what Hunter teaches in High Point

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Barre, sadly I have not been since I got knocked up too damn tired but the results are amaze.

    ReplyDelete