Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Weekend Report and the First of Many Checklists

Oops, no posts in a week. Ford actually ended up being home with us all week until Friday so needless to say not much happened past work and taking care of my little guy AND getting my back cracked.

Quick Weekend Recap:
Soccer, Dinner with Friends, Church, Waffle House (yep), Tennis, Dinner with Friends. I am definitely a homebody but not when I've been cooped up for 3 days with a toddler in the house while trying to work...so getting out and about this weekend to see some friends was so so so nice. 

Feeding the Ducks. Always a good way to end a golf cart ride.

My post Church Date

Tennis Boys

Chiropractor
I'll dedicate a full post to this but CHIROPRACTORS WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! I apologize for being a naysayer and nonbeliever but I can walk and have been walking without a limp since Saturday. Shocking. I apparently have SI joint dysfunction (beach fall?) that is aggravating my sciatica and have been having a really hard time getting around.

This list is pretty spot on for what has been in my head. Expect a post about Hospital bag, back-up plans for kids, and the "hot" items that apparently weren't around 3 years ago!

1. Mani/Pedi
Thank you to my friend Margaret for giving me a giftcard for a pedicure! Will be doing that this week. 

3. Go on a Date or 6 
We NEED to do this. I usually work Friday nights but I think the next few Saturdays we should just go to dinner. Nothing crazy, just get out the two of us before baby comes. 

4. Upgrade your phone storage
This is already on my radar. On my mega to-do list is to backup all photos off my laptops/dropbox/iphone album and make room for a gazillion newborn pics! I still miss Kodak Gallery and HATE Shutterfly. This is why if you are a friend of mine I upload everything to Facebook. Sorry.

6. Ask for a Foot rub 
HA. I ask for this every night.

8. Invest in a nice new Yoga Outfit
Old Navy $20
I'm on the hunt for comfy pajamas/maternity yoga pants for this fall. I only have 1 pair from Motherhood Maternity and can't fit in my fancy lululemon's I got last year. I'll have to wait until December to get those bad boys on.

11. Prepare for the Postman
I desperately need new stationery. One of my Aunts used to send me a box every Christmas from embossed graphics. That was the BEST present but stopped in the late 90's. An Aunt on the other side of the family will send packs of notecards too but I have blown through all of those!! I don't have any with my current monogram and correct return address. 
(Toto we're not in Florida anymore!)
Actually I think I need a return address stamp so I can save $$ on baby announcements, Christmas cards...etc. The one pictured above is just one of thousands on Etsy. The problem is I go on there and find so many I like and never pull the trigger. New stationery has been on my list too but I'm using up the old initials KFB as long as I can. 

12. Tinker
My BFF already had a rock'n Newborn Napper and I heard this item was a go-to for so many people. We need to set that bad boy up as well as test the batteries in all swings/bouncers/noise makers.

13. Stock up on Staples
We are running low on Wines-that-I'm-allowed-to-drink. (Under $12 since I drink so much. oops.) I have maybe been having 2 or 3 glasses a week and I'm cutting into the Mr's nice stash. I think we need 2 handles of Jim Beam and about 5 bottles of red. Or 2 boxes of my Pinot Evil. Mama's ready. Oh wait, they probably meant food. OOPS.

17. Help
We have several babysitters we love but I'm nervous if they can handle a toddler + a newborn. Need to possibly recruit one or two more that are comfortable with babies. My mother in law returns from Switzerland in mid October and has offered to stay until the baby arrives. I might take her up on this. I can barely give Ford a bath with this belly much less if my back is acting up. And if you know my family's situation you know that my mom cannot assist. That has been a hard one to swallow this go-round and that's all I have to say about that right now.

18. Use a vacation day
HAHAHAHHAHAHA. I wish I could do this. I need a day in my house without my son around to finish switching all these closets, organize some drawers and just do house stuff. But I have to save every single PTO day I have left to hopefully get me to the end of the year.

19. Sleep
I need to stop staying up and watching movies I've seen before and football games I have no emotional interest in and just GO.TO.BED. I have been averaging 10:30 and I should get sleep while I can.

So did you like this list? I've got more coming. I have a huge to-do before baby list hanging over my head!

xo,
I got 99 things on my to-do list and exercise ain't 1.
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment